At YMCA of Central Ohio, safety is our number one priority for all members, program participants and staff. We believe it is our social responsibility to do everything we can to maintain a healthy environment. The YMCA would like to provide our members, visitors and staff alike a few simple reminders to help reduce the risk of spreading any illness.
- Wash your hands properly and often
- Cover your mouth when you cough
- Cover your nose with a tissue when you sneeze
- Practice social distancing when possible
- Stay home if you do not feel well
Wearing a mask is not a requirement, but we do recommend it, especially in common areas. We do ask that all members sign our COVID waiver.
- All persons entering the YMCA should represent our Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- All persons using the facility or grounds are expected to follow all safety standards set forth by the YMCA of Central Ohio as well as all YMCA policies and procedures. Physical or verbal abuse, sexual innuendo or display, or offensive behavior of any kind is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- All persons using equipment at the YMCA, are required to properly clean it before and after their use.
- YMCA staff have the right to determine if any conduct or language is inconsistent with the YMCA’s mission and to act accordingly.
- It is illegal to carry a firearm, deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance anywhere on YMCA property.
- The YMCA is a smoke, vape, drug and alcohol-free facility. This also includes its grounds. The possession or sale of any drugs or drug paraphernalia will lead to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
- Persons responsible for any loss of or damage to Y property or that of members, volunteers or staff will be held personally & financially liable.
- Specific policies are posted in all areas of the Y branches.
- Programs and schedules are subject to change.
At the YMCA, we always want to provide our members and guests with a great experience. If you are unsatisfied with your experience, we encourage you to speak with a Manager on Duty, Director or Executive Director of that location. We'll be sure to work hard to make things right!
Please note the following policies:
- We do not issue refunds for classes or days of member services that are canceled due to no fault of our own (weather, power outages, etc.)
- We do not refund membership & child care fees without extenuating circumstances. For example: sudden major illness; corporate relocation.
- Membership dues are not refunded due to non-use.
- Please see refund policies for Camping programs on our website
- Please see specific refund policies for Licensed Child Care on our website
- 100% refund of fees if canceled 7 days prior to the start of the program.
- 50% refund with less than 7 days notice of cancellation prior to the start of the program.
- If classes are cancelled due to low enrollment, a 100% refund will be issued to the participant.
- If more than one class within a session is cancelled by the YMCA, the Y will offer a system credit for up to three missed classes. After three (3) canceled classes, the program may be canceled and fees refunded or the program may be rescheduled. If participants cannot take the rescheduled class, refunds will be offered & issued.
Private Instruction Refunds:
- No refunds for personal training, nutrition counseling or private swim lessons unless canceled or rescheduled with at least 24 hours notice.
How you will receive your refund: Refunds will be made via YMCA credit, refund to card or bank account used for the purchase or via check.
- The best discount or reduced membership rate prevails and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Membership cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the Welcome Center. You’ll be drafted once more with access to Y facilities for those 30 more days before your cancellation will be finalized.
- No refunds given on join fees or annual memberships.
- $20 Non-Refundable Fee applies to any returned Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and/or credit card payment.
At the Y, we have flexible membership options to fit any one and any family!
- If you're in need of adding people or upgrading your membership, downgrading or removing people from your account, please contact any YMCA location in person or by emailing email@example.com. We'll be happy to make that change for you! A $20 fee will be applied if providing less than 30 days notice for the upgrade so additional family members have immediate access to the Y.
- If you'd like to place your account on hold, our members can take advantage of this option once in a calendar year for up to 90 days. No access to facilities or member rates on program registrations will be available while your membership is on hold. Please use this online form to request this option or visit your local YMCA.
- If circumstances arise that you need to cancel your membership, please use this online form to request cancellation or visit . You will have one additional membership draft after submitting your cancellation request. Requests for cancellation are never taken over the phone.
- Need to update your payment information? We're happy to help you or you can logon to your account and update your payment information yourself. When you are on ymcacolumbus.org, click on My Account in the upper right corner. Log into your account and review the information under Membership Billing Info.
- Changes to your membership that affect your monthly billing must be made in person or in writing and are never taken over the phone, even if left on a phone message.
Reserve a space in group fitness, open swim, Child Watch/Kid's Time, and on the court to guarantee your spot. At the YMCA of Central Ohio, reservations open 73 hours before your desired time slot/class.
Members and Program Participants must present their YMCA membership or participant card at the Welcome Center each time they visit the Y. If a member or program participant does not have their card, they may be required to present photo ID.
- Members of the Y may bring a guest. Please inquire at your branch’s Welcome Center to learn more.
- Each membership includes 5 free guest passes per year.
- Guests restrictions and schedules may apply.
- Guests must be accompanied by the member.
- Guest passes are valid for one day only.
- Only members age 18 and older may bring a guest to the Y.
- Guests over age 16 are required to present a current photo ID.
- Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult member.
Ages 5 and younger
General Facility: Children ages 5 and younger must be actively supervised at all times by a parent/guardian or responsible adult (18 or older).*
Wellness Center: Children ages 5 and younger are not permitted.
Aquatic Areas: Children ages 5 and younger must be accompanied by an adult/guardian (age 18 or older) in the water and remain within arms reach.
General Facility: Children ages 6-8 must be actively supervised at all times by a parent/guardian or responsible adult (18 or older).*
Wellness Center: Children ages 6-8 are not permitted.
Aquatic Areas: Children ages 6 to 8 must have an adult actively supervising them in the pool area.
General Facility: Children age 9 must be actively supervised at all times by a parent/guardian or responsible adult (18 or older).*
Wellness Center: Children age 9 may utilize cardio equipment in the Wellness Center with active adult supervision only if they have completed the Youth Conditioning class.
Aquatic Areas: Children age 9 must have an adult actively supervising them in the pool area.
General Facility: Children ages 10-11 are permitted to be at the Y as long as a parent/guardian or responsible adult (18 or older) remains on the premises.
Wellness Center: Youth ages 10–11 may utilize cardio equipment in the Wellness Center with active adult supervision, only if they have completed the Youth Conditioning class.
Aquatic Areas: Children ages 10-11 are permitted to be in the pool area as long as a parent/guardian remains on the premises.
General Facility: Youth ages 12-15 are permitted to be at the Y for up to three hours without adult supervision.
Wellness Center: Youth ages 12–15** may use both cardio and strength equipment in the Wellness Center with active adult supervision.
Aquatic Areas: Youth ages 12–15 are permitted to be in the pool area for up to three hours without adult supervision.
*Unless participating in a staff-supervised program. When children are participating in a program, a parent/guardian or responsible adult (18 or older) must remain on the premises unless otherwise noted.
**North YMCA excludes the use of free weights for Youth/Teens.
- Child Watch is available for children ages 6 weeks to 5/6 years.
*Ages may vary at select locations.
- KidsTime is available for children ages 5/6 to 11.
*Ages may vary at select locations.
- Branch supervisors reserve the right to determine equipment competency and limitations at any time to ensure the safety of participants and members.
- Sign-ups and 30-minute limit may be required for cardio equipment.
- Please return weights and dumbbells to storage racks when done.
- Please enter and exit the pool area through the locker rooms only.
- Non-swimmers of any age are not permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- Children/youth who need assistance or a flotation device must have an adult in the water with them and will not be permitted in the pool’s deep end.
- To ensure our members’ safety, all youth ages 15 and under are required to take a swim test if they wish to swim in the deep end of our swimming pools. Check with your branch to learn more.
- Y lifeguards reserve the right to test the swimming competency of any participant at any time if their ability to safely utilize the deep end of the pool is in question.
- Any class without a minimum of 4 participants may be subject to cancellation. Pool schedule is subject to change.
- Please see additional rules in pool and hot tub area prior to using the aquatic areas of the facility.
- To ensure the safety of our members and guests, it is the policy of the YMCA of Central Ohio to close outdoor pools due to thunder and/or lightning; pools will reopen 30 minutes after the last trace of thunder and/or lightning.
- Please wear proper gym, swim and workout attire. The YMCA reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of all attire.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the gym floor, pool deck, court surfaces or fitness equipment.
- Clothing and other personal belongings not in use shall be stored in the lockers provided by the Y.
- Do not leave locks on daily-use lockers.
- Please store your personal belongings in a locked locker (bring your own lock). The YMCA is not responsible for any items stolen in the facility or from the grounds.
- Children over age 5 must use gender-appropriate locker rooms. The Y offers family changing rooms for those with disabilities, as well as for children who are old enough to use the gender-appropriate locker rooms, but still need assistance.
Based on the recommendations of the National YMCA of the USA, and because personal training services are offered by the YMCA, only YMCA of Central Ohio certified personal training staff members will be allowed to utilize YMCA facilities for personal training services.
- Any class without a minimum number of participants may be subject to cancellation. Classes canceled by the Y will be made up or credits will be issued.
- Credits must be submitted to and approved by a Program Director.
- Refunds will only be given with a doctor’s written notice and approval of a Program Director.
- Any other class missed by a participant cannot be made up. Schedules are subject to change.
The Y may take pictures and videos of various activities for promotional use. Please let us know if you do not wish to be included in these medias.
Nationwide Membership reciprocity enables you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States, outside of the YMCA of Central Ohio area. Must show valid ID and use home branch at least 50% of the time. Check with the YMCA you are visiting for more information.
Cell phone, camera or video camera use is strictly forbidden in the locker rooms and rest rooms.
Your privacy is important to us, therefore we will not sell, rent or give your name and address to anyone for any reason outside of the Y.
The YMCA of Central Ohio typically communicates the following information via email, phone call and/or text:
- Exclusive offers, new programs, member satisfaction surveys or classes and special events
- Account issues
The protection of members, volunteers and guests who are participating in programs or are using YMCA facilities is of paramount concern to the Board and Staff of the YMCA of Central Ohio.
The Y regularly reviews sex offender registries and denies access and/or membership to any person the Y learns is a registered sex offender.