About the program
Teen Leaders Club is a national program that gives teens (grades 6+) an opportunity to gain real-life, hands-on leadership experience through volunteer opportunities and trainings at the Y, planning and executing events (Breakfast with Santa, Blood Drives, Daddy Daughter Dance, and more), weekend leadership retreats (e.g. YMCA Camp Willson), counselor-in-training programs, and weekly club meetings.
Come to our meetings every Wednesday at 6:00pm at the Hilliard/Ray Patch Family YMCA. For more information, contact our advisors (Andy and Josh) at firstname.lastname@example.org. New members are always welcome. You do not need to be a member of the YMCA to participate.
What is the Teen Leaders Club?
The mission of the Teen Leaders Club is to strengthen the community by instilling the core values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility in teens through hands-on, real-life leadership activities, leadership retreats, and volunteering. One of the unique traits of Teen Leaders Club is that everything is run by the teens themselves. Even the meetings are run by the CAB (Club Advisory Board), consisting of a group of teens that are chosen by their peers to plan and organize meetings and monthly events.
• Set and achieve personal and group goals, while increasing self-awareness and an understanding of teamwork
• Develop problem-solving, decision-making and communication skills
• Develop an increased understanding of and comfort with persons of diverse backgrounds
• Explore relationship skills such as empathy, sensitivity, trust and peaceful conflict resolution
• Explore leadership styles and effective leadership skills
• Learn that their actions have an impact, that they are valued and that they can and will affect their future
• Build meaningful friendships and have fun participating in new, exciting and challenging experiences
Who Should Join?
Teen Leaders Club is for anyone, grades 6+, looking to have fun, learn and serve the community.
What Does the Teen Leaders Club Do?
An opportunity for teens to meet new people, while hanging out in a fun atmosphere at the YMCA. During meetings, club members will learn leadership skills, discuss real life issues, plan for upcoming volunteer events and join in social opportunities.