ELDON & ELSIE WARD FAMILY YMCA
And the American Red Cross
FEBRUARY 22-MARCH 4
MONDAY-THURSDAY 3:30-8:30 PM
CLASS COST: $200 Members
$250 Non Members
AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD TRAINING will instruct:
• Skills and knowledge to prevent and respond to
• CPR/AED for the professional rescuer
• First Aid
• Administering Emergency Oxygen
• Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of the course attended
• Attend ALL training sessions
• Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and scenarios
• Pass a written test with a score of at least 80%
• Successfully complete the following prerequisites:
• Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl and/or breaststroke
• Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
• Swim 20 yards, surface dive in 7-10 feet of water, retrieve a 10 lb. object and swim 20 yards on the back to return to starting point (this is a timed event).
• Participants must pass the entire pre-skills test in order to continue the course!
FAILURE TO PASS THE PRE-TEST RESULTS IN FORFEITURE OF CLASS FEES.