Attention YMCA members and guests
The Eldon and Elsie Ward Family YMCA pool will be CLOSED March 6th-March 11th for cleaning and maintenance.
ELDON & ELSIE WARD FAMILY YMCA
And the American Red Cross
FEBRUARY 22-MARCH 4
MONDAY-THURSDAY 3:30-8:30 PM
CLASS COST: $200 Members
$250 Non Members
AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD TRAINING will instruct:
• Skills and knowledge to prevent and respond to
• CPR/AED for the professional rescuer
• First Aid
• Administering Emergency Oxygen
• Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of the course attended
• Attend ALL training sessions
• Demonstrate competency in all required skills, activities, and scenarios
• Pass a written test with a score of at least 80%
• Successfully complete the following prerequisites:
• Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl and/or breaststroke
• Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
• Swim 20 yards, surface dive in 7-10 feet of water, retrieve a 10 lb. object and swim 20 yards on the back to return to starting point (this is a timed event).
• Participants must pass the entire pre-skills test in order to continue the course!
FAILURE TO PASS THE PRE-TEST RESULTS IN FORFEITURE OF CLASS FEES.
YOU ASKED, AND WE LISTENED!
BEGINNING 01/20/16, THE POOL WILL REMAIN OPEN ON:
MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS FROM 2:00P-3:30P
At the Eldon and Elsie Ward Family YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/ life balance and a range of benefits which improve your well being and help you develop as an individual.
Currently seeking lifeguards. If you are currently certified as an American Red Cross Lifeguard . Are you looking to continue guarding during the school year, yet still have a flexible schedule. The Ward YMCA has shifts starting as early as 6:00am and shifts ending as late as 8:30pm as well as weekend opportunities.
We are self esteem builders, offering programs ages 6 months through Active Older Adults, beginning levels to advanced lessons. Do you have an interest in helping others learn?
Masters and 100 Mile Club
Reaching milestones together, the adult masters and 100 mile club are both great workout opportunities for Adult swimmers. Coaching positions available.