Pumpkin Classic Overview
Mon, September 30, 2013
Wanted to provide a brief Pumpkin Classic planning overview:
1. Meet packets have been sent out to all teams....entries are due by October 17th and t-shirt orders will be due by October 11th.
2. All timing and scoring equipment will be tested at the MOCK Meet next Monday night from 6:30 - 8:00pm at the YMCA.
3. Gym mats and Cintas mats for around the building have been ordered. YMCA is checking with Circleville Schools on overflow parking.
4. Sponsorships are going well....please note that any sponsorship that wishes to be on the t-shirt needs to be in place by October 11th.
5. Concessions will be handled by Hilltop and Ward YMCA's....Hospitality will be handled by PICY Team...we are working on food donations.
6. T-shirt designs are completed and order form is going out to teams on Sept. 30th.
7. Awards have been ordered...team was able to save approx. $600 over last year by using excess awards from last years meet...yeah!
8. Penants for team winners have been completed by Metro and are being sent to the YMCA.
9. The meet volunteer sign-up has been created for the meet and is available on Team Unify for families to sign-up for meet jobs. A reminder email was sent to all families on Sept. 30th.
10. Coach Jason will contact hilltop to borrow extra plungers and deck cables for shallow end of the pool.
11. We need to make sure that all PICY's officials have completed background checks and concussion training. Team also is reaching out to other YMCA's for additional officials support.....for day of meet.
12. Kast-a-Way Swim Wear will have booth at meet to sell swimming related gear.
13. Jason Harrell will get sound system for the Gym.
14. Pumpkin Bread, Heat Sheet Printing, Heat Winner Cookies are being reviewed with Joni Huston.
15. Will have a new photo booth like last year for teams to take pictures.
16. We will NOT be using the family gym this year...only the main gymnasium.
17. Additional YMCA staff is being coordinated by Elizabeth Richards for day of the meet.
More information to come soon.....
blog comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Coaches Corner