Teen Foundations Lead Teacher
Assists Program Director/Coordinator in promoting a safe, consistent and academically stimulating environment by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
• Assumes the responsibilities of Program Director/Coordinator in their absence
• Implements and actively participates in all daily activities, curriculum, and schedule in cooperation with Program Director/Coordinator; including Y Kids Are Fit, Food and Fun, Afterschool, homework assistance and following HEPA standards.
• Provides input to Program Director/Coordinator of ideas to include in the weekly curriculum.
• Prepares site daily for arrival of youth; maintains organization throughout program time; cleans up space at conclusion of program.
• Attends all staff meetings, appropriate workshops, appropriate specialized trainings and safety trainings
• Maintains required training hours.
• Assists in preparing monthly newsletter, curriculum plans, and special events
• Ensures the site’s compliance with all Columbus City Grant requirements and YMCA standards
• Maintains written records and reports as required on individual children
• Maintains good relationships and cooperates with children, parents, school/host staff, administrators, community and YMCA staff
• Completes duties as required by the Child and Adult Care Food program
• Completes all required documents and/or tracking as designated by the director.
• Provides assistance to other branch programs as needed
• Assists in collecting data for funding and projects as designated by supervisor.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and at least one year of experience working with school-age children.
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others
• Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations
• Must submit all required paperwork for Columbus City Grant. Must obtain and keep current training certifications as required by the YMCA and for the grant. Must attend all necessary YMCA, child care and/or grant related training.