Teachers Aid - Head Start
The YMCA of Central Ohio’s Head Start Program is currently has two openings for full time Teacher’s Aids. The teacher aid will assists in the implementation of all daily program activities.
We’re looking for you!!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Promotes the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all job-related functions.
• Assists the classroom teacher in supervising and implementing the program in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards and the policies and philosophy of the YMCA.
• Greets each child and parent daily; communicates often and professionally with families and children.
• Assists in the cleaning and maintenance of the classroom and common areas.
• Supervising outside playground activities.
• Offers children appropriate affection, verbal praise, and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for behavior; sets firm limits with positive phrasing and actions when necessary.
• Assists in ensuring program’s compliance with all ODJFS licensing requirements and Step Up To Quality requirements as applicable.
• Maintains prompt hours and follows procedures for absences.
• Completes duties as required by the Child and Adult Care Food program.
• Maintaining confidentiality about children, families and other employees.
• Attending all staff meetings and professional development trainings
• Assisting the teacher in any other appropriate ways.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma. One year experience working with children.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must submit medical statement and TB test results as required by Head Start standards. Must obtain and keep current training certifications in first aid, communicable diseases, child abuse recognition & prevention.