We are looking for responsible, energetic individuals who are seeking flexible hours in a fun, fast paced environment. Swim Instructor requires professional and dependable individuals who will demonstrate honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility. If you are enthusiastic, love people and the water - this could be the perfect place for you.
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, high quality swim instructors that will follow our progressive aquatic curriculum in a safe, enjoyable, and positive atmosphere.
• Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members.
• Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes, as directed by supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
• Ensures participant safety during program by educating about, and enforcing safety rules and maintaining class control.
• Openly communicates with participants and their parents to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living; appraises students and their parents of strengths, accomplishments and areas for improvement/skill progression.
• Builds effective, authentic relationships with members.
• Keeps accurate class attendance and skill evaluation records.
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Must be at least 16 years of age and be able to swim; high school diploma and teaching experience preferred.
• American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, AED, Emergency Oxygen Administration certification must be obtained within the first 60 days of employment.
• Must obtain YMCA Swim Lesson (YSL) instructor certification within one year of hire; all certifications must be kept current during employment.