Food Program Assistant- Whitehall (part time)
We are seeking a motivated and passionate individual to help our program staff serve nutritious meals to children in the Whitehall at our open food site. This position will be approximately 15 hours per week, 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Set up and maintain the space to serve meals and provide study tables for students
- Serve Food at designated times to youth ages 5-18 attending the open feeding site daily.
- Recruit youth from neighborhoods and community surrounding the YMCA facility or program site.
- Develop a trusting relationship with families of youth attending open feeding site meals and building staff.
- Complete all paperwork necessary for Food Program and Walmart grant
- Supervise students while they eat and work on homework
- Assist students with homework
• Must have HS diploma and at least two years of experience in a similar position, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and respective roles of volunteers and staff.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.