Sports Monitor - Whitehall High School Program
The Y is very excited to be starting a new program in Whitehall for High School students. We will be offering a program Monday - Friday from 4:15 - 6:15 pm focusing on sport pick up games. This is a great opportunity to each youth the benefits of sportsmanship, hard work, and the Y values. This is a seasonal position that will run until the end of May 2017.
Spirit of the Position:
Ensures gym and sports field areas are safe and welcoming environments for members and participants to reach their personal goals in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Strategic focus include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Develops and maintains effective and positive relationships with participants, volunteers, school/host staff, administrators, community and YMCA staff.
3. Observes members and ensures their safety; knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for gym and sports fields; suggests age-appropriate activities for participants and assists in teaching skills.
4. Secures and prepares program areas including room and equipment set up and tear down.
5. During league play, ensures that rules are followed and statistics, such as scoring, are accurately kept.
6. Maintains records and compiles statistical information for outcome measurements.
7. Ensure the cleanliness of the space we are using.
● Must be at least 18 years of age, HS diploma or GED preferred; and have general general knowledge of multiple sports.
● Certifications: CPR, First Aid & AED within 30 days of hire. Must keep certifications current.
● Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
● Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
● Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
● Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.