Service Coordinator/Case Manager - Housing
If you want to create positive change in the lives of others, and have the skills and experience required, this is definitely the job for you. Our full time staff receive a wonderful benefits package that includes vacation, sick and personal time; health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Y-Retirement Fund; a free family membership and much more.
Provides wrap around services at YMCA of Central Ohio housing facilities including on-site support services to residents that are eligible for support services at YMCA of Central Ohio housing components. Utilizes a “blended management” approach while working with residents, staff and surrounding neighbors to establish a safe, caring, wholesome and friendly community. The Service Coordinator will work closely with community service organizations in meeting the housing needs of the disabled, the homeless, the indigent, the addicted, the working poor and those that are at risk of becoming homeless.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Responsible for the organization of services and activities for non-program residents of the YMCA. The Service Coordinator actively cultivates collaborative relationships within the substance abuse and mental health services, treatment community, and homeless shelters for outreach and coordination of services, with an emphasis on maintaining housing.
3. Ensures residents are linked with appropriate treatment and relapse prevention programs, communicating and linking residents to outside agencies, including crisis intervention and care.
4. Develops and implements on-going monthly group meetings to provide education to participants on resources, socialization, goal planning, and relapse prevention and recovery issues. Provide 1:1 services utilizing evidenced based practices, such as Motivational Interviewing, interventions based on the Stages of Change model, and CBT.
5. Helps residents through the “Stages of Change Model” based on where they start making decisions about alcohol/drug treatment, etc.
6. Maintains necessary documentation as needed, including progress notes, data collection and utilizing CTK system for the United Way.
7. Assists with resident grievances and crises, including mediation and problem solving.
8. Maintains a full case load of residents of the YMCA.
9. Help develop programming based on Housing First, Harm Reduction philosophies and trauma informed care.
10. Attends and participates in regular staff meetings, trainings and association-wide programs, events, training, and fund raising.
● Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) from four-year college or university; MSW, or Masters in Counseling preferred; and two years related experience and/or training/internship; or equivalent combination of education and experience: LSW highly preferred (within six months of hire)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong Time Management Skills
● Training requirements:
○ Immediately upon hire: American Red Cross First Aid and CPR certifications
○ Within 1 year of hire (and every 2 years thereafter): Non-violent crisis intervention, community resources, cultural competency, child and elder abuse, ethics mental health/substance abuse, motivational interviewing, and evacuation procedures.
● Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
● Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
● Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
● Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.