Resident Front Desk Staff - Franklin Station
At the Y, we’re more than just a gym - we’re a movement! You might know us as a place to lift weights but we are about lifting entire communities - and we want you to help!
The YMCA of Central Ohio has Part Time openings for a Resident Front Desk Staff in our Supportive Housing Program at Franklin Station. This position may include nights and weekends. If you want to create positive change in the lives of others, this is definitely the job for you!
Resident Front Desk Staff are responsible for responding to crisis/emergency/daily living issues that arise from the residents and surrounding neighborhood population. These leaders seek to collaborate and/or intervene to bring about resolutions to problems for the betterment of the residents and the entire community; works directly with security personnel in providing a safe environment for residents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Performs daily desk operations including monitoring security, closed circuit cameras, monitors, taped video equipment; phone operations, alarm systems, clerical and filing work and computer data entry.
3. Controls access into the building by means of an electronically locked front entrance way.
4. Communicates special resident needs to the case management personnel on a 24-four hour a day, 7- day a week basis.
5. Responds to all resident and facility emergencies pursuant to established Emergency Front Desk protocols.
6. Maintains communication log each shift documenting significant events of which other housing staff should be aware.
7. Communicates effectively with other social service agencies to assist the resident in other available services located within the community.
8. Assists in development and coordination of open houses, walk-through, and visitation to the YMCA by various social service agencies.
9. Interviews and processes incoming residents and conducts exit interviews for outgoing residents; inputs resident information on various card systems/computers and other filing as deemed necessary by the Resident Advocate Program Manager.
10. Assists in the development of policies for the safety and security of all residents.
11. Assists in the administration of housekeeping for all apartments including the common halls and outside grounds.
12. Enforces rules and regulations with residents in a fair, consistent, and respectful manner.
• High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years’ experience in service environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Customer service skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, email, and internet navigation
• Intervention skills to resolve crisis and non-crisis situations in a timely manner
• Ability to learn the Social Service agency structure in Franklin County
• Ability to assist in all aspects and operations of the YMCA Housing Program under the direction of the Lead Case Manager
• The ability to develop a rapport with individuals with special needs including people with mental illness, substance use and criminal histories.
• Multi-tasking abilities
• Training requirements:
- Immediately upon hire: American Red Cross First Aid and CPR certifications
- Within 1 year of hire (and every 2 years thereafter): Non-violent crisis intervention, community resources, cultural competency, child and elder abuse, ethics mental health/substance abuse, motivational interviewing, and evacuation procedures.
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others
• Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations