Welcome Desk Leaders
The YMCA is seeking new additions to our Welcome Desk team! At the Y, our Welcome Desk Leaders are vital to our member and new member experience! You will be part of starting people off on their wellness journey, assisting those in need find a chronic disease program to help them, sending children off to day camp for their very first time - and so much more. Every day will be different but every day you will be making a difference. Join us today!
Works with new and existing members to ensure they feel welcome and supported, while developing a sense of connection both with the Y cause and other members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
• Scans membership cards of all entering the building; makes members feel welcome by learning and using their names when they enter and exit facility; grants access to center based on computer system scan results; conveys information about membership related to payments or renewals to member upon entry to the building.
• Maintains accurate records of transactions and shift activity; this includes but is not limited to: completing cash, check and credit sales accurately using computer system, providing change and receipts, and maintaining accurate records of transactions and shift activity to balance a cash drawer.
• Helps members to connect with one another to form friendships.
• Provides information about the Y (including membership, program, facility, services, financial assistance, etc.) to callers and members.
• Ensures that the Welcome Desk is clean, orderly, welcoming, and adequately stocked to provide for members’ needs.
• Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
• High school diploma and at least two years of related experience and/or training
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Must complete Module III of New Leader Orientation and Listen First and within first 60 days
• CPR, First Aid, AED and O2 certifications must be obtained within 90 days
• Must keep certifications current throughout employment.
- The Gahanna Y is seeking part time evening/weekend leaders
- The Liberty/Powell Y is seeking evening & weekend staff
- The Delaware Y is seeking Welcome Desk Staff for their location at Mingo Park!
- The HIlliard Y is seeking evening and weekend leaders!