Lifeguards - Fun in the Sun at the Y!
JOB OF THE WEEK!
We are so excited for summer at the Y! Our outdoor pools will be opening soon and we are looking for some seriously motivated individuals to fill one of the Y’s most important positions.
We are not waiting for the hot temperatures, we are hiring NOW so grab your spot today!
Must be able to maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Able to create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
• Performs as a leader and role model for other staff members and patrons.
• Shows up for work in the correct uniform on time and ready to work.
• Knows and practices all emergency procedures and responds accordingly, which includes attending all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the aquatic area.
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Certifications in: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent.
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
• Must be able to demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.