We are looking for responsible, energetic individuals who are seeking flexible hours in a fun, fast paced environment. Lifeguarding requires professional and dependable individuals who will demonstrate honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility. If you are enthusiastic, love people and the water - this could be the perfect place for you.
Must be able to maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Able to create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
• Performs as a leader and role model for other staff members and patrons.
• Shows up for work in the correct uniform on time and ready to work.
• Knows and practices all emergency procedures and responds accordingly, which includes attending all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the aquatic area.
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Certifications in: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent.
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
• Must be able to demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.