Lead Maintenance Technician
Let’s build something better - together!
The YMCA has openings for full time lead maintenance techs. This dynamic role ensures an attractive, safe and well-maintained facility by performing assigned repairs and maintenance tasks related to the upkeep of buildings and grounds. Our full time position includes a great benefits package as well as invaluable experience working as a team at one of the nation’s leading non-profits.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
• Completes all maintenance and repair work lists as provided by the Facility Director. Tasks will include routine plumbing, drywall repair, painting, light electrical, carpentry, landscaping, snow removal, machine servicing, etc.
• Completes all maintenance tasks in a timely fashion minimizing downtime due to facility failures ensuring a positive member experience.
• Assists with routine general maintenance such as simple room setups for meetings, moving furniture and performing heavier cleaning as necessary or as directed by the Facility Director.
• Maintains all required logs, records and documentation necessary to uphold compliance with municipal codes, Branch procedures and association policy.
• Accesses computer to print and record Facility Dude work order information.
• Perform basic mechanical repairs and maintain cleaning of building and grounds equipment as directed.
• Notifies Facility Director of supply stock shortages to maintain adequate inventories.
• May be scheduled to travel to multiple YMCA Branches to complete repairs or maintenance service as necessary.
• Knows and adheres to all center/core service line policies and procedures related to equipment, chemical safety, employee conduct rules and other regulations.
• High school diploma or equivalent, and at least 2 years of experience in building maintenance or a construction trade, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of procedures, safety measures and commonly used concepts within one or more particular facilities field(s) is strongly preferred.
• Must be able to read, write and follow instruction. Basic computer skills (email and work tickets) are essential.
• Possess basic mechanical aptitude and have experience in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, pumps, HVAC, lock repair, etc.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, and ability to work at a various locations during the course of a work day.
• Must be flexible in work scheduling to fulfill a variety of work shifts including work days and shift schedules (morning, noon, night) on occasion.
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.