Group Exercise Instructor
At the Y, we’re more than a place to lift weights - we’re about lifting entire communities. We are seeking enthusiastic, passionate, and fun group ex instructors to teach a variety of classes -
Zumba, cycling, pilates, Body Pump, yoga - you name it we got it! - we have morning, afternoon, evening and weekend classes so we have something to accommodate just about anyone’s schedule.
Instructs group exercise classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA; implements “3 minutes” in every class.
Keeps accurate class attendance records.
Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
High school diploma and experience teaching group exercise classes preferred.
Must have current CPR & AED certification within the first 30 days of employment; until certification is obtained, cannot work alone.
Must have attended, or attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles/Principles of Health and Fitness within the first 60 days of employment.
Must have received certification in YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise Instructor training AND in their program area (i.e. cycling, martial arts, cardio/step etc.) within the first 90 days of employment. Must keep certifications current throughout term of employment.
* The Gahanna Y is seeking instructors for a variety of classes at the branch and their Clark Hall location
* The Jerry L. Garver Y is seeking cycling instructors (evening and morning classes - immediate openings for pm instructors!)
* The Grove City Y is seeking s seeking cycling instructors as well as evening/weekend instructors for a variety of classes
* The Hilltop Y is specifically seeking part time evening instructors to teach strength classes (i.e. Total Body Circuit)
* The Vaughn E. Hairston YMCA is seeking a pilates instructor, and a chair yoga instructor for 7:00 am classes and instructors for a variety of other exciting classes!
* The Hilliker YMCA is seeking a cycling instructor as well as a TRX/specialty instructor.