Grow strong with the Y!
Ensures that members in the fitness center enjoy a clean, safe environment that is conducive to creating a positive experience toward goal attainment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
• Cleans wellness center and gender-appropriate locker room during shift (includes floors, surfaces, windows, mirrors, equipment, fixtures).
• Helps members to connect with one another to form friendships
• Regularly checks on members’ progress in meeting goals (both formally and informally); documents the conversations and progress using appropropriate tools (Trinexum, information sheets).
• Makes members feel welcome by learning and using their names; assists members by finding answers to their questions.
• Ensures the safety of members in the wellness center by maintaining the equipment in a clean, safe, and working order, reporting maintenance concerns, isolating and communicating to members about equipment that is not in proper working order, and explaining and enforcing safety rules/regulations and emergency procedures.
• Maintains supply of towels for fitness center and member use. This includes transporting soiled towels to the laundry; washing, drying and folding towels for distribution; and ensuring that cleaning products are stocked for member use.
• Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
• Must be at least 18 years old to work alone; 16 to work with another adult on the floor
• High school diploma and experience working in a service environment; or combination of education and experience.
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• CPR, First Aid, AED and O2 certifications must be obtained within 30 days
The Hilliard Y is seeking evening and weekend attendants.