The Hoover YMCA Park is currently seeking qualified applicants for weekend event hosts (Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s only). This position includes checking in rental groups, directing participants to facilities and parking areas, and cleaning up after rental events. The park is currently renting 4 shelter houses, a rustic lodge, a modern conference facility, and other cabin type rental facilities.
Experience in Reception and/or Janitorial detail are preferred, but training is available. All applicants will be subject to a background check as the park is a YMCA summer camp facility.
To provide staff assistance and presence for rental groups and YMCA events. To provide custodial duties and set-up/tear-down of facilities equipment and supplies. To clean and re-stock restrooms and buildings including trash and recycling removal, snow removal, and other related responsibilities.
1. Arrive prior to rental group to prepare, check and set up facilities and equipment.
2. Greets and acknowledges persons arriving for rentals or events.
3. Assists members and guests with questions and concerns.
4. Maintains supply of paper goods for restrooms and kitchens.
5. Cleaning and housekeeping duties of all facilities used by a group. This includes but is not limited to all rental facilities, shelter houses, restrooms, kitchens, hallways, shower rooms, etc.
6. Monitors the appearance and cleanliness of rental facilities during assigned shift.
7. Explains and enforces safety rules/regulations and emergency procedures.
8. Sets up and takes down tables and chairs for programs or events.
9. Performs light maintenance and repair work as assigned.
10. Records and reports all needed repairs to supervisor.
11. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
12. Serve as night and weekend building supervision as scheduled by supervisor.
13. Performs other duties in the branch as assigned by supervisor including building coverage, office coverage, and special event hosting.
14. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
1. Six months or more of related customer service experience preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
3. Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
4. Knowledge of janitorial methods and equipment usage.
5. Basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of audio visual equipment.
6. Ability to effectively and positively communicate with participants and other staff members.