Child Watch Staff
Child Watch! We love this program!
We’re so excited about this job opening WE CAN’T STAND IT!!!!
The YMCA is proud to have a safe and nurturing place for our members little ones to roam and play while their family works out! There is nothing better for us than to see an entire family partaking in our programming! This is a great position for students, retirees - and anyone in between. Flexible shifts and a free Y membership!
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides supervision to infants, toddlers, preschoolers and/or school age children in a safe & fun environment while their parents are using the YMCA facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors and healthy living practices.
2. Greets and engages each child and parent; communicates often and professionally with families and interacts with children.
3. Monitors the drop off & pick up of children, follows policies and procedures related to such.
4. Performs age-appropriate activities children assigned to their group/program.
5. Encourages children to make friends with other children (if age appropriate) and communicates about activities and connections made to parents at pick-up.
6. Assists in the cleaning and maintenance of the program space and equipment daily.
7. Offers children appropriate affection, verbal praise, and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for behavior; sets firm limits with positive phrasing and actions when necessary.
8. Maintains prompt hours and follows established procedures for absences.
9. If using other spaces in the branch (i.e. pool, gym), leaves them in the same condition as found.
10. Completes written documentation for incidents and injuries; contacts childrens’ parents immediately about emergency situations; communicates to parents about non-emergency incidents upon pick-up.
11. Actively interacts with children on an individual basis while maintaining control of entire group.
12. Positions his/herself for optimal interactions and supervision of children.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); must be at least 18 years of age.
• Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.
• Must obtain and keep current in first aid & CPR as determined by supervisor.
• Recommended trainings include: communicable disease, child abuse recognition and child development.