You may qualify for our Diabetes Prevention Program at NO COST!
The Diabetes Prevention Program is an evidenced based, 12 month program that provides a supportive
environment beginning with 16 weekly sessions followed by monthly sessions led by a trained Lifestyle Coach
• Participants who are at risk for diabetes learn tools to adopt and
maintain healthy habits in order to prevent or delay the onset of Type 2
Diabetes, and improve their overall health and well-being.
• Participants learn about healthy eating and increasing their physical
activity, with the goal of reducing their body weight by 7% and increasing
their physical activity to 150 minutes per week.
• 3 month YMCA membership provided to those enrolled in the program
• Participants must be at least 18 years old,
• Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) at or above 25
• Hemogloban A1c level between 5.7-6.4%, or
• Fasting Plasma Glucose between 100-125 mg/dL, or a
• 2-hour (75 gm glucola) Plasma Glucose between 140-199 mg/dL
• The program is covered for Medicare Part A & B, Medicare Advantage and United Health Care members!
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our upcoming class (Wednesdays, 10:15-11:15 AM w/ Jean and Amy M. sttarting Jan. 22nd), we would love to have you join the class! Please complete our referral form and return to Jean Fry at the Delaware Community Center YMCA no later than Jan. 14th.
*Form can be submitted online via https://docs.google.com/a/ymcacolumbus.org/forms/viewform?hl=en&id=1eJhot5KhKy9xo0a49LK0sa2khfddA4V-haN8dM5Kvbo.