|Week 1||May 25-30th||Superheroes|
|Week 2||June 7-13th||Kicking off a Summer of Magic|
|Week 3||June 14 - 20th||Out of the Box|
|Week 4||June 21 - 27th||Bring on the Challenge|
|Week 5||June 28 - July 4th||Party in the USA|
|Week 6||July 5 - 11th||Pirates vs Cowboys|
|Week 7||July 12 - 18th||Around the World|
|Week 8||July 19 - 25th||Medieval Times|
|Week 9||July 26 - Aug 1st||Superheroes|
|Week 10||Aug 2 - 8th||Color Wars|
Why Choose YMCA Camp Willson?
- The YMCA Core Character Values are Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. We promise to teach and demonstrate these values in all of our programs. If your camper does not leave camp with a better understanding of our Core Character Values, we will refund their camp fee.
- Health and Safety Excellence: Camper health and safety is our first concern. A Registered Nurse is available 24 hours a day, and our staff are first aid and CPR-trained. Our camp is accredited through the American Camp Association (ACA) and the Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA).
- Nurturing and Caring Staff: YMCA Camp Willson understands the importance of positive role models for today’s young people. Each summer 40 enthusiastic and kid-loving staff come to YMCA Camp Willson to shape camper’s lives on summer at a time.
- Outstanding Facilities: Camp is nestled among 500 acres of woods and meadows overlooking the majestic Lake Mac-O-Chee. This is a perfect backdrop for a memorable week with friends in the outdoors. Our modern facilities combined with our historic buildings provide campers with one of the premiere camp experiences in the country.
- Camp begins on Sunday between 3:30-4:30 pm and end on Saturday between 9:30-10:00 am for one or two-week sessions.
2015 Summer Camp Dates
New this Summer — Two Week Camps.
You may sign up for one or two-weeks but here is why we ask you to consider our two-week camps.
Two Weeks vs One Week
A one week Willson experience is a great experience but we have so much more to offer than a one-week experience can deliver. Beyond just allowing campers to experience more activities, a two week camp lets campers explore the 500 acres, spend an overnight at our Frontier outpost, cook meals over a campfire and have time for reflection. Mastery of activities takes time and when we have the time and space to slow down, real and long-lasting learning can take place. Camp is year-round education. It is not academic, but your child may learn more in two weeks about themselves than in the remainder of the year. Friendships grow deeper, children escape the frantic pace of life, and a sense of belonging to their groups and cabin-mates can have a profound effect upon one’s life. Our entire camp program is geared toward helping campers build friendships and develop a sense of community with one another.
2015 OVERNIGHT SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION
SUMMER CAMP WEEKS (Families have asked us to expand our offerings to two-weeks. Even though a session is listed as part of a two-week camp, you may sign-up for one-week)
- WEEK 1 – MAY 25–30TH (BUS TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE FROM LIBERTY POWELL YMCA)
- WEEK 2 – JUNE 7-13TH
- WEEK 3 – JUNE 14-20TH
- WEEK 4 – JUNE 21-27TH
- WEEK 5 – JUNE 28-July 4TH
- WEEK 6 – JULY 5- 11TH
- WEEK 7 – JULY 12-18TH
- WEEK 8 – JULY 19-25TH
- WEEK 9 – JULY 26 – AUG 1ST
- WEEK 10 – AUGUST 2-8TH
|Mini Camp - 1st half of week||7-10||3a||8a||$300|
|Mini Camp - 2nd half of week||7-10||3b||8b||$300|
|Pathfinders||10-12||1||2||3||4 5||7 8||9 10||$520||$995|
|Trail Blazers||12-13||1||2||3 4||5||7 8||9 10||$520||$995|
|TEENation||13-16||1||2||3 4||5 6||7 8||9 10||$520||$995|
|Lead Out Loud W.V.||13-16||6||7||$995|
|Lead Out Loud Kentucky||13-16||8||$600|
|Counselors in Training||16-17||2||$520|
|Wranglers||9-12||1||2||3 4||5||7 8||9 10||$560||$995|
|Ranch Camp||12-16||1||2||3 4||5 6||7 8||9 10||$580||$1,100|
Typical Daily Schedule
- 7:45 Reveille
- 8:00 Cabin Clean-up
- 8:20 Flag Raising
- 8:30 Breakfast
- 9:20 First Period
- 10:30 Second Period
- 11:40 Free Time
- 12:40 Lunch
- 1:30 Siesta
- 2:40 Third Period
- 3:50 Fourth Period
- 5:00 Cabin Time
- 5:25 Afternoon Watch (Reflection on Character Values)
- 5:45 Free Time
- 6:15 Dinner
- 7:20 Flag Lowering
- 7:30 Evening Program
- 9:30 Taps